The golf rangefinders have tremendously increased the level of game play in golf. The golfers feel themselves much at ease while using such sophisticated equipment which allows them to take their shot with a lot of information in hand. The information includes the calculation of distance and some of the modern deices goes a step ahead by taking into account the obstructions such as the slopes and the trees which are normally found on the golf course. There are basically two major types of golf rangefinders namely, Laser and the GPS golf rangefinder. Both work on different principles and for this reason both are suitable for different players having different skill level of the game.
The laser golf rangefinder
The laser golf rangefinder (See more golf rangefinder reviews) is suitable for the amateur players or for those who are learning the skills of the game. There are several aspects which we need to consider about this type in order to determine its suitability for the amateur golfers. The laser rangefinder deploys a laser beam to determine the distance from point A to point B. The following points would clearly help us in determining the suitability of the laser golf rangefinder for the beginner golfers:
- The first reason for the effectiveness of this type of rangefinder is that it is an economical option. You don’t need to pay any monthly or the yearly subscription fees for being served through this device.
- It is easier to use this equipment. The majority of the models offer a one-touch operation to calculate the distance between two points. Further, there are no complex requirements for using this equipment effectively.
- The amateur players can only enhance their game level if they are presented with accurate results and this one is found to be a spot on device in terms of accuracy.
- The optics and the display for this equipment type are excellent for the novice golfers.
- Speed is an issue with this type of a device but nevertheless, the amateurs in their learning phase doesn’t require too much of speed.
- The other negative is that the system needs to have a line f sight for precise readings. It is again something which the novice players don’t need to have as they are mostly in the wide and open sections of the golf course to practice.
The GPS golf rangefinders
The GPS golf rangefinder is for the advance game players. It uses the Global Positioning System mechanism to get the distance reading. The results might not be that accurate as the laser but the pro golfers can settle happily with this one. The following are the main reasons for choosing this type of rangefinder:
- The players need to download the entire golf course map to take the readings easily afterwards.
- Monthly or the yearly subscriptions are required, which only he professional golfers could afford to pay. They are happy with the payments as they get a lot of excellent services through this type.
- Most of the GPS rangefinders are allowed in the tournaments which is another great reason for the preference of this type by the pro golfers.
- The golfers don’t need to have any line of sight as the equipment can take reading through the hills and tree obstructions that are usually the part of any golf course.
- The systems are not that easy to use so the pro golfers only can understand and use this equipment.
Never buy a golf rangefinder blindly, rather choose it according to your needs and required functions. You can go through the whole set of attributes each type of golf rangefinder offers, and decide by comparing them carefully.